Vice Chancellor for Research and Technology
Dr. Abolghasem Jouyban
Professor of Pharmaceutical Analysis
Tel: +98 (0)41 3335 7310
- High School Diploma: Ferdowsi High School, Tabriz, Iran, 1984.
- Pharm. D.: Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran, 1989.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Analysis: School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford, UK, 2001.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics (Pharmaceutical Engineering), Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, 2004.
As one of the outstanding medical universities in Iran, TUOMS tries to encourage researchers and facilitate their needs in order to attain its research and academic goals. TUOMS is the home campus for state-wide programs in such medical fields as Medicine, Pharmacology, Dentistry, Health, Nutrition, Management and Informatics, Nursery & Midwifery, Paramedicine, Rehabilitation, Traditional Medicine and Advanced Sciences.
The mission of the Vice Chancellor for Research is to advance the realization of world-class research and creative activities that address important national and regional needs. Our office provides a range of services supportive of research on the TUOMS colleges. This includes resources supportive of faculty and laboratory research and workshops.
In a nutshell, our ultimate missions are:
- To actively cooperate in the development and improvement of health status in the society;
- To improve national & regional scientific ranking of our university through facilitating the researchers' needs; and
- To keep strong ties with policy makers and research providers of the country.
The overall objective of TUOMS Vice Chancellor for Research is to take the needed measurements in order to attain the highest quality in education, research, innovation and interaction with society.
It also makes an attempt to encourage TUOMS faculty members to conduct a research, to publish scholarly works and appreciate the research incentive schemes. Moreover, VCR tries to promote collaborative research among different colleges of TUOMS so as to share their findings and make use of mutual knowledge.