The first "International Pulmonary Hypertension Summit" was held at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences in association with Tuberculosis & Lung Research Center of TUOMS on 11-12 June, 2015. In this 2-day conference which was attended by such international pulmonologists and scholars from the USA, Turkey and Saudi Arabia and a number of prominent national specialists, the lecturers gave various speeches regarding different aspects of the disease and mentioned the prevailing interdisciplinary bonds.
Dr. Farid Rashidi, Executive Secretary of the conference, cited the following titles as the main topics:
1. Idiopathic Pulmonary Hypertension
2. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Associated with Congenital Heart Disease
3. Portopulmonary Hypertension (POPH)
5. Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) Associated with Left Heart Disease
6. Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
7. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Connective Tissue Diseases (PAHCTD)
8. Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Pulmonary Disease
Considering the wide range of diseases which result in Pulmonary Hypertension, this conference tried to bring the specialists of such different medical fields as pulmonology, cardiology, rheumatology, and kidney disease together and make a platform for them in order to exchange knowledge on various aspects of the illness.
At the end of the conference Dr. Mohammad Hossein Somi (Chancellor & Member of the Scientific Committee) and Dr. Khalil Ansarin (Chairman) expressed their satisfaction with the results of the summit and announced that this biennial conference will be repeated every odd year in Tabriz.To see more pictures click here.